Natural Emerald gemstone, a stone with so much history and lore.
Known as the King of all green gemstones. Emeralds have been believed to soothe souls and excite imaginations since antiquity.
This May birthstone (Natural Emerald) displays a subtle and heartwarming color and liveliness under natural daylight setting. This lovely find weighs 0.35 carat and is cut in a fine octagonal shape (3.9 x 4mm). Although she has an inclusion grade of SI(Slightly Included), it does affect that she is truly unique in her rights and ready to be set in any jewelry design. A perfect stone to designing any may birthstone promise ring or engagement ring.
Why Emeralds though?
• One of the world's top five gems
• Stunning Internal Structure
• Emerald celebrates Uniqueness
• Symbolizes Rebirth
|Gemstone Stone Type:||Natural Emerald|
|Gemstone Weight:||0.35 carats|
|Gemstone Dimension||3.9 x 4mm|
|Number of Stones:||1|
|Modern Gem Item#:||E105|
KING OF ALL GREEN GEMSTONES
For over 4,000 years this miraculous gemstone has always been the most wanted gemstone in soothing and comforting the soul with its unparrallel green hue. This truly remarkable gemstone has always been believed to represent love, eternal youth and rebirth. Over the centuries this gemstone has inspired a countless number of names to describe its lush green beauty. Places around the world such The Emerald Isle in Ireland, in Philippines the Muntinlupa City, Washington, Seattle and Oregon all known as the Emerald City.
The name 'Emerald' was derived from the ancient greek green, "smaragdus". Emerald was first know to be mined in ancient Egypt, dating back from 330 BC to 1700s. At that time the Queen of the Ptolemaic Kingdom of Egypt(Cleopatra) was know to have a strong passion for emeralds and always used them in her royal adornments.
Today emeralds are sourced from a number of countries across the globe with Columbian producing some of the most finest and most precious emerald son the market today. Zambia,Brazil,Russia,Afghanistan,Zimbabwe all produce gem quality emeralds used in fine jewellery.
Emerald is the most famous gem from the Beryl family amongs Aquamarine, Golden Beryl and Morganite. Emeralds with ligger green tone are less-expensive compared to that of the highly saturated deep green colour.
Emeralds do come in a host of shapes and cuts such as the traditional octagonal shape, heart and oval.
Below are a few facts about Natural Emeralds
• Mineral : Beryl
• Color : Bluish Green to Deep Green
• Refractive Index : 1.577 to 1.583
• Specific gravity : 2.72
• Moh hardness : 7.5 to 8
BIRTHSTONE & ANNIVERSARIES:
Emerald is the gem of spring and has always been the perfect choice as the birthstone for any May born.
This May birthstone is also associated to the twentieth and thirty-fith wedding anniversary.
• Kindly note that you must select your gemstone/diamond by millimetre dimension rather than carat weight. This is because a gem may vary in size and weight; hence, purchasing based only on carat weight might not be very accurate if you set this stone on your own. If the dimensions of a gem aren't stated in the product specification, please don't hesitate to reach an expert by hitting the chat button or contacting us via mail.
• Modern Gem Jewelry® specializes in made to order fine and high jewellery. If you want to design a piece with this gemstone, kindly reach our experts through chat or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Most gemstones on our site do come with a Modern Gem Jewelry® certificate of authenticity. If you need a third-party lab report, please don't hesitate to reach our experts for an additional fee.
• Our website only has about 40% of our loose gemstones inventory. If you do have a specific request about a stone type, colour and shape. Please don't hesitate to consult our online experts for assistance.