Respected for its striking and stunning purplish color, Natural Amethyst is one of the most well-known varieties of quartz. This attractive semi-precious gemstone is formed and obtained in "hollow rocks" geodes.
This magnificent natural amethyst gemstone weighs 18.05 carats and is exquisitely polished, making it ideal for a pendant or necklace jewelry.
Why Amethyst Though?
• February Birthstone and the gem for all 24th-anniversary celebrations
• Captivating purple brilliance
• available in a range of colors
|Gemstone Stone Type:||Natural Amethyst|
|Gemstone Weight:||18.05 carats|
|Gemstone Dimension||23.5mm x 14.9mm|
|Number of Stones:||1|
|Modern Gem Item#:||A121|
Respected for its striking and stunning purplish color, Natural Amethyst is one of the most well-known varieties of quartz. This attractive semi-precious gemstone is formed and obtained in "hollow rocks" geodes. They grow underground in long prismatic clusters above the geode base and can be found in a wide range of places worldwide. Natural Amethyst is usually a six-sided crystal with a crystalline crust covering other rocks. The pyramid-shaped crystal formations make the majority of Amethyst jewelry accessible. Many pieces of jewelry on the market today are designed from this pyramid-shaped crystallization.
• Mineral : Quartz
• Refractive Index : 1.54-1.55
• Specific gravity : 2.63-2.65
• Moh hardness : 7
BIRTHSTONE & ANNIVERSARIES:
Amethyst is the gem of spring and has always been the perfect choice as the birthstone for any February born.
• Kindly note that you must select your gemstone/diamond by millimetre dimension rather than carat weight. This is because a gem may vary in size and weight; hence, purchasing based only on carat weight might not be very accurate if you set this stone on your own. If the dimensions of a gem aren't stated in the product specification, please don't hesitate to reach an expert by hitting the chat button or contacting us via mail.
• Modern Gem Jewelry® specializes in made to order fine and high jewellery. If you want to design a piece with this gemstone, kindly reach our experts through chat or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Most gemstones on our site do come with a Modern Gem Jewelry® certificate of authenticity. If you need a third-party lab report, please don't hesitate to reach our experts for an additional fee.
• Our website only has about 40% of our loose gemstones inventory. If you do have a specific request about a stone type, colour and shape. Please don't hesitate to consult our online experts for assistance.