Sometimes all that perfect isn't perfect! With Natural Coloured diamonds, even the imperfections are spectacularly perfect. Diamonds are summed up of a combination of beauty and rarity. Their dazzling brilliance and captivating colours make them some of the world's most valued gemstones.
A stunning pair of beauty. Would surely make a very distinct one of a kind piece.
Why do we love coloured diamonds?
• Dazzling Brilliance
• Captivating Colour
• Exceptionally Valuable
• April Birthstone
|Main Stone||Natural Diamonds|
|Total Carat Weight(TCW)||0.3/Pair|
|Clarity||Very Slight Included|
|Country/Region of Manufacture||N/A|
FANCY COLOR DIAMOND
Rare • Precious • Captivating
Coloured diamonds weren't familiar or available until sixth-century India; actually, a grading system for coloured diamonds only emerged in that era. Representatives of different ranks, statuses, levels were allowed only to adorn diamonds of a specific colour; hence diamonds served as a badge of position in the society. All this were part of ancient India's system of class structure.
Rulers, priests, and people of high status in the system were allowed to own diamonds that weren't colourless. Warriors and Land Lords were allowed to wear "Brown Diamonds that resembled the colour of the eye of the hare", Merchants were granted permission only to own Yellow Diamonds. Members of the lower levels in the society were assigned diamonds with the black or greyish colour. Whiles Kings, however, were free to choose diamonds of any colour they preferred.
Apart from the traditional colourless sparkling diamonds, diamonds come in various colours, such as Red(rarest), yellow, brown, blue, green, pink, and more. Colourless natural diamonds are classified on the scale from D - Z. At the end of this range is where coloured natural diamonds fall (i.e. X-Y-Z range). In this range of colours, diamonds begin to show traces of yellowish or brownish tones. This is the start of the Fancy Yellow Diamond and Fancy Brown diamond scale.
Any diamond that has a strong presence of colour is known as a Fancy Coloured Diamond.
Fancy Coloured Natural Diamonds are much rarer compared to their white counterparts, highly sought after for their impeccable rich, beautiful, and sensation colours. They do fetch a premium price per carat weight due to high profile auctions, which is another factor in their immense awareness and cost.
NATURAL DIAMOND FACTS:
• Mineral: Diamond
• Colour: All Colours
• Refractive Index: 1.577 to 1.583
• Specific gravity: 2.42
• Moh hardness: 10
BIRTHSTONE & ANNIVERSARIES:
Natural Diamonds are the birthstones for April Borns and the perfect gemstone for the 10th and 60th Anniversaires.
Fancy Natural Diamonds adds a glamourous twist to your memorable celebration.
• Kindly note that you must select your gemstone/diamond by millimetre dimension rather than carat weight. This is because a gem may vary in size and weight; hence, purchasing based only on carat weight might not be very accurate if you set this stone on your own. If the dimensions of a gem aren't stated in the product specification, please don't hesitate to reach an expert by hitting the chat button or contacting us via mail.
• Modern Gem Jewelry® specializes in made to order fine and high jewellery. If you want to design a piece with this gemstone, kindly reach our experts through chat or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Most gemstones on our site do come with a Modern Gem Jewelry® certificate of authenticity. If you need a third-party lab report, please don't hesitate to reach our experts for an additional fee.
• Our website only has about 40% of our loose gemstones inventory. If you do have a specific request about a stone type, colour and shape. Please don't hesitate to consult our online experts for assistance.