Why do we love colored diamonds?
• Dazzling Brilliance
• Captivating Color
• Exceptionally Valuable
• April Birthstone
|Gemstone Stone Type:||Natural Diamond|
|Gemstone Weight:||0.32 carat|
|Gemstone Cut/Shape:||Brilliant Round|
|Number of Stones:||1|
|Modern Gem Item#:||D38270|
FANCY COLOR DIAMOND
Rare • Precious • Captivating
Coloured diamonds weren't familiar or available until sixth-century India; actually, a grading system for colored diamonds only emerged in that era. Representatives of different ranks, statuses, levels were allowed only to adorn diamonds of a specific color; hence diamonds served as a badge of position in the society. All this were part of ancient India's system of class structure.
Rulers, priests, and people of high status in the system were allowed to own diamonds that weren't colorless. Warriors and Landlords were allowed to wear "Brown Diamonds that resembled the color of the eye of the hare", Merchants were granted permission only to own Yellow Diamonds. Members of the lower levels in the society were assigned diamonds with the black or greyish color. Whiles Kings, however, were free to choose diamonds of any color they preferred.
Apart from the traditional colorless sparkling diamonds, diamonds come in various colors, such as Red(rarest), yellow, brown, blue, green, pink, and more. Colorless natural diamonds are classified on the scale from D - Z. At the end of this range is where colored natural diamonds fall (i.e. X-Y-Z range). In this range of colors, diamonds begin to show traces of yellowish or brownish tones. This is the start of the Fancy Yellow Diamond and Fancy Brown diamond scale.
Any diamond that has a strong presence of color is known as a Fancy Colored Diamond.
Fancy Colored Natural Diamonds are much rarer compared to their white counterparts, highly sought after for their impeccable rich, beautiful, and sensation colors. They do fetch a premium price per carat weight due to high profile auctions, which is another factor in their immense awareness and cost.
NATURAL DIAMOND FACTS:
• Mineral: Diamond
• Colour: All Colours
• Refractive Index: 1.577 to 1.583
• Specific gravity: 2.42
• Moh hardness: 10
BIRTHSTONE & ANNIVERSARIES:
Natural Diamonds are the birthstones for April Borns and the perfect gemstone for the 10th and 60th Anniversaires.
Fancy Natural Diamonds adds a glamourous twist to your memorable celebration.
• Kindly note that you must select your gemstone/diamond by millimetre dimension rather than carat weight. This is because a gem may vary in size and weight; hence, purchasing based only on carat weight might not be very accurate if you set this stone on your own. If the dimensions of a gem aren't stated in the product specification, please don't hesitate to reach an expert by hitting the chat button or contacting us via mail.
• Modern Gem Jewelry® specializes in made to order fine and high jewellery. If you want to design a piece with this gemstone, kindly reach our experts through chat or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Most gemstones on our site do come with a Modern Gem Jewelry® certificate of authenticity. If you need a third-party lab report, please don't hesitate to reach our experts for an additional fee.
• Our website only has about 40% of our loose gemstones inventory. If you do have a specific request about a stone type, colour and shape. Please don't hesitate to consult our online experts for assistance.