3.155 Carats Oval Orange Natural Spessartite Garnet Gemstone | 7.13mm x 8.47mm
Once a collector's gemstone, Natural Spessartite Garnet, an orange variety of Garnet, hit the industry during the 1990s when Spessartine new locations discovered new locations in Africa( Namibia, Nigeria and Tanzania). Just like most garnets, Spessartine is pure natural (untreated), so its beautiful colour and clarity seen in them are just nature's work of art. Spessartine or Spessartite derived its name from the location where Spessartine was first found the gemstone, Spessart, Bavaria.
|Gemstone Stone Type:||Natural Sperssatite Garnet|
|Gemstone Weight:||3.155 carats|
|Gemstone Dimension||7.13mm x 8.47mm|
|Gemstone Clarity:||SI( Slightly Included)|
|Number of Stones:||1|
Popularly known as Fanta Garnet or Spessartite Garnet, this gemstone is a bright orange rare variety of the garnet Spessartite Family. Due to their rarity, Spessartite Garnets are genuinely the most priced variety of the family as well. However, Natural Spessartites Garnet can be found in many tones of orange-red, yellow-orange and even reddish-orange. It is only the purest orange gemstone that are termed as Fanta Mandarin Garnets.
Spessartite Garnet comes in an array of colours, sizes, and shapes and can be found in all parts of the world. This gemstone earned its unique name from where it was first discovered, from the term "Spessart", which means Germany. People say its name comes Forest in German, which also describes the area where Spessartite first found the gem "Circa" in 1832. Many other sources also say "Spessart" is the mountain range's name where Spessartite first found the gemstone.
Like many gemstones, stories and beliefs do pop up, but we know that the first Spessartite Garnet was found in Germany.
Not until 1991 where bright, pure orange Spessartites were found in Africa, Namibia, to be specific. As time went on, many sources like
Nigeria and Mozambique began producing this gemstone. Still, Namibian Spessartite Garnet displayed much brighter orange tones that made people in the industry compare its colour to the famous drink Fanta Orange, thus earning the name of Mandarin Spessartite Garnet to differentiate.
• Mineral: Garnet Group
• Colour: All Colours
• Refractive Index: 1.714-1.888
• Specific gravity: 3.47-4.15
• Moh hardness: 6.5 - 7.5
BIRTHSTONE & ANNIVERSARIES:
Natural Garnets are the birthstones for January Borns and the perfect gemstone for
the 2nd Anniversary.
• Kindly note that you must select your gemstone/diamond by millimetre dimension rather than carat weight. This is because a gem may vary in size and weight; hence, purchasing based only on carat weight might not be very accurate if you set this stone on your own. If the dimensions of a gem aren't stated in the product specification, please don't hesitate to reach an expert by hitting the chat button or contacting us via mail.
• Modern Gem Jewelry® specializes in made to order fine and high jewellery. If you want to design a piece with this gemstone, kindly reach our experts through chat or email (email@example.com).
• Most gemstones on our site do come with a Modern Gem Jewelry® certificate of authenticity. If you need a third-party lab report, please don't hesitate to reach our experts for an additional fee.
• Our website only has about 40% of our loose gemstones inventory. If you do have a specific request about a stone type, colour and shape. Please don't hesitate to consult our online experts for assistance.