Here is a very fine Brazilian aquamarine that has been finished in the all-time favorite Emerald Cut. This is a very popular design and is easy for jewelers to set. The color is excellent and very nice saturation. It is a perfect size for any jewelry setting.
Why Aquamarine though?
• Among the most prominent gemstones in the world
• a durable gemstone
• March Birthstone
• Associated with courage, loyalty, and friendship
|Gemstone Stone Type:||Natural Aquamarine|
|Gemstone Weight:||2.9 Carats|
|Gemstone Dimension||10.8 x 8.5mm|
Number of Stones:
Modern Gem Item#:
THE SEA BLUE GEM
The stunning sea-blue coloured gemstone Aquamarine gets its name from the Latin word aqua Marinus, which means "seawater." It belongs to the beryl mineral family. The presence of iron during the stone's formation gives it a distinct colour. Aquamarine comes in a variety of colours, from pale blue to blue-green or teal. The most valuable and coveted are those with a dark and deeply saturated blue tone.
This gemstone's colour ranges from green-blue to pastel blue to greenish-blue, just like seawater. Darker, more intense blues are more expensive than paler, softer blues, which are more readily available. Most dark-coloured aquamarines on the market have been heat-treated to give them a richer, more intense colour. Due to their scarcity, untreated sea-blue aquamarines are in high demand. Imperial topaz is by far the most expensive variety of topaz found in nature. It is scarce and has a bright orange colour with pink undertones. A genuine Imperial topaz is never treated, irradiated, or coloured artificially.
Aquamarines have a glass-like lustre and are incredibly hard and durable. On the Mohs scale of mineral hardness, Natural Aquamarine is rated 7.5 to 8, making it suitable and perfect for everyday wear. Aquamarine is a stunning centre stone for any piece of jewellery, be it a ring, necklace, pendant earrings or heirloom brooch. However, this gemstone is not impervious to damage and can crack when subjected to a strong impact.The perfect separation of this stone can be difficult to achieve during the cutting process. However, most cutters place the stone's table 5-10% off the cleavage plane. As a result, the stone is much more stable, making it ideal for a wide range of jewellery, including rings, necklaces, and earrings.
The best Aquamarines are clear, transparent, and eye-clean, which means no visible inclusions to the naked eye. Liquid inclusions may be present in some stones, while others have long, hollow, rod-like inclusions typical in beryl gems.
Brazil is the world's leading producer of Aquamarine, with mines located throughout the country. Australia, Myanmar (Burma), China, India, Kenya, Madagascar, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and the United States, mine this clear blue crystal. The largest known Aquamarine, weighing around 244 pounds, was discovered in Brazil in 1910.
• Mineral: Beryl
• Colour: transparent, greenish blue to blue
• Refractive Index: 1.577 to 1.583
• Specific gravity: 2.72
• Moh hardness: 7.5-8
BIRTHSTONE & ANNIVERSARIES:
Aquamarine is the birthstone for March borns.
Aquamarine is also the gemstone for the 19th wedding anniversaries.
• Kindly note that you must select your gemstone/diamond by millimetre dimension rather than carat weight. This is because a gem may vary in size and weight; hence, purchasing based only on carat weight might not be very accurate if you set this stone on your own. If the dimensions of a gem aren't stated in the product specification, please don't hesitate to reach an expert by hitting the chat button or contacting us via mail.
• Modern Gem Jewelry® specializes in made to order fine and high jewellery. If you want to design a piece with this gemstone, kindly reach our experts through chat or email (email@example.com).
• Most gemstones on our site do come with a Modern Gem Jewelry® certificate of authenticity. If you need a third-party lab report, please don't hesitate to reach our experts for an additional fee.
• Our website only has about 40% of our loose gemstones inventory. If you do have a specific request about a stone type, colour and shape. Please don't hesitate to consult our online experts for assistance.