Natural " Garnet" derived its name from the Latin word " Garantus", which translates into modern English as "seedlike". This comparison makes perfect sense since small garnets are identical to the bright red seeds found in pomegranate. All through history, garnet has been a prominent gemstone to date.
Why Garnet though?
• One of the prominent gemstones in the world
• Can be cut in any shape
• January Birthstone
• Affiliated with blood, heart, and passion
|Gemstone Stone Type:||Natural Garnet|
|Gemstone Weight:||0.99 carat|
|Gemstone Dimension||4.86mm x 5.84mm|
Number of Stones:
Natural " Garnet" derived its name from the Latin word " Garantus", which translates into modern English as "seedlike". This comparison makes perfect sense since small garnets are identical to the bright red seeds found in pomegranate.
All through history, garnet has been a prominent gemstone to date. Although red is the most popular color known about Garnets, this unique gemstone is available in a host of hues, orange, yellow, peach, green, purple, blue(extremely rare), pink and brown.
In general, pink and red coloured gemstones with garnet inclusively are typically affiliated with three main elements: blood, the heart, and passion. This emphatic gemstone, Natural Garnet, is the birthstone for January borns and is associated with the second anniversary of marriage.
Garnets are slightly tough gemstones, making them ideal for almost any kind of jewellery. Garnet's hardness varies depending on its type and variety of which can range from 6.5 to 7.5 on the Mohs scale. Demantoid is a softer Garnet variety; almandine, pyrope, Spessartine, and Tsavorite are harder.
Garnets can be found in Namibia, India, Sri Lanka, United States, Nigeria,etc.
NATURAL GARNET FACTS:
• Mineral: Garnet Group
• Colour: All Colours
• Refractive Index: 1.714-1.888
• Specific gravity: 3.47-4.15
• Moh hardness: 6.5 - 7.5
BIRTHSTONE & ANNIVERSARIES:
Natural Garnets are the birthstones for January Borns and the perfect gemstone for
the 2nd Anniversary.
• Kindly note that you must select your gemstone/diamond by millimetre dimension rather than carat weight. This is because a gem may vary in size and weight; hence, purchasing based only on carat weight might not be very accurate if you set this stone on your own. If the dimensions of a gem aren't stated in the product specification, please don't hesitate to reach an expert by hitting the chat button or contacting us via mail.
• Modern Gem Jewelry® specializes in made to order fine and high jewellery. If you want to design a piece with this gemstone, kindly reach our experts through chat or email (email@example.com).
• Most gemstones on our site do come with a Modern Gem Jewelry® certificate of authenticity. If you need a third-party lab report, please don't hesitate to reach our experts for an additional fee.
• Our website only has about 40% of our loose gemstones inventory. If you do have a specific request about a stone type, colour and shape. Please don't hesitate to consult our online experts for assistance.