0.51 Carats Lovely Natural Ruby Gemstone | Oval 5.9 x 4.5mm
Cultures around the world from ancient times have long considered the "Ruby" a stone fit for only Kings. A gemstone that symbolizes power, wealth and a favourite gem gemstone for those in love.
This Oval Natural Ruby gemstone displays a very lively, striking and lustrous red colour. This lovely ruby gemstone is well cut and polished, weighing just over half a carat (0.51 carats) and dimensions of 5.9 x 4.5mm. A truly remarkable find to design a unique ruby engagement ring for yourself or a loved one.
Why do we love Ruby?
• One of the world's top five gems
• Intense Red Glow
• July Birthstone
• Symbolizes Nobility, Purity and Passion
|Gemstone Stone Type:||Natural Ruby|
|Gemstone Weight:||0.51 Carats|
|Gemstone Dimension||5.9 X 4.5mm|
|Gemstone Cut:||Oval Cut|
|Gemstone Clarity:||SI (Slightly Included)|
|Number of Stones:||1|
|Modern Gem Item#:||R157|
|Certificate||MGJ & GRC|
KING OF ALL GEMS - RATNARAJ
A gemstone praised and loved for its impeccable durability, lustre and vibrant colour. Ruby was discovered 2000 years; this mesmerizing coloured gemstone has been part of the likes of some of the worlds most majestic legends. A lucky charm for many, ancient Kings of India believed ruby symbolized status, power and glory. One could always find precious rubies embedded in the crowns and swords of Royals during that time.
One of the most valuable variances of the Corundum mineral is the Ruby gemstone (this mineral produces both rubies and sapphires). All reddish corundum is called ruby, and any other colour generated by this mineral is called sapphires(Blue, Yellow, Orange, etc.). Ruby's colour seamlessly picks up where pink sapphires stop. Only darker red corundum is called Ruby, but the distinction between ruby and pink sapphires is always a matter of opinion. Ruby's colour has always been associated with passion, love, and fury, mostly linked with objects of desire and power.
Ruby is one of the hardest 'coloured' gemstones just right after a diamond, and indeed a very sought after gemstone in today's market. Ruby's name came from the Latin word "ruber", which translates into modern-day English as red. It is often found in various reddish tones, ranging from darkish red to pigeon blood red and pinkish red. Ruby obtains its reddish colour due to traces of chromium present in its composition. The strength of red colour in a ruby depends on the amount of chromium present. Also, the intensity of chromium can cause more fluorescence in the gemstone, giving the stone a more lively appearance.
Ruby is highly regarded and arguably one of the most important gemstones in the coloured stone market today and does command a high price per carat depending on the quality of the gem.
Like all gemstones, there is a source, and for a century of years, the most illustrious rubies come from Burma, present-day Myanmar, the Himalayas, north Vietnam. Additional large deposits include Mozambique, Thailand, India, Afghanistan, Brazil, Colombia, and Tanzania produce fine rubies.
• Mineral: Corundum
• Colour: Dark red to pinkish-red
• Refractive Index: 1.762 to 1.770
• Specific gravity: 1.762 to 1.770
• Moh hardness: 9
BIRTHSTONE & ANNIVERSARIES:
Ruby is the birthstone for July borns.
The July birthstone is also the gemstone for the 15th and 40th anniversaries.
• Kindly note that you must select your gemstone/diamond by millimetre dimension rather than carat weight. This is because a gem may vary in size and weight; hence, purchasing based only on carat weight might not be very accurate if you set this stone on your own. If the dimensions of a gem aren't stated in the product specification, please don't hesitate to reach an expert by hitting the chat button or contacting us via mail.
• Modern Gem Jewelry® specializes in made to order fine and high jewellery. If you want to design a piece with this gemstone, kindly reach our experts through chat or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Most gemstones on our site do come with a Modern Gem Jewelry® certificate of authenticity. If you need a third-party lab report, please don't hesitate to reach our experts for an additional fee.
• Our website only has about 40% of our loose gemstones inventory. If you do have a specific request about a stone type, colour and shape. Please don't hesitate to consult our online experts for assistance.