Natural Emerald, a stone with so much history and lore.
The king of all green gems. Believed to soothe souls and excite imaginations since antiquity. This is a lovely petite 0.26 carats natural emerald gemstone and has been cut in the traditional octagonal shape. This emerald is slightly included with a few dark spots on the edges of the stone. This gemstone still displays a fine light bluish-green color and would surely be able to design any emerald jewelry of any kind.
Why Emeralds though?
• One of the world's top five gems
• Stunning Internal Structure
• Emerald celebrates Uniqueness
• Symbolizes Rebirth
|Gemstone Stone Type:||Natural Emerald|
|Gemstone Weight:||0.26 carats|
|Gemstone Dimension||3.5mm x 4mm|
Number of Stones:
Modern Gem Item#:
KING OF ALL GREEN GEMSTONES
For over 4,000 years, This miraculous gemstone has been believed to comfort the soul with its unparalleled green hue. It is thought that emeralds represent love, eternal youth and rebirth. Over the centuries, this gemstone has inspired countless names to describe its lush green beauty. Places worldwide, such as the Emerald Isle in Ireland, the Philippines, the Muntinlupa City, Washington, Seattle, and Oregon, are all known as the Emerald City.
The name 'Emerald' was derived from the ancient Greek word, "smaragdus" which meant green. Emerald was first mined in ancient Egypt, dating back from 330 BC to the 1700s. At that time, the Queen of the Ptolemaic Kingdom of Egypt(Cleopatra) was known to have a strong passion for emeralds and always used them in her royal adornments.
Today emeralds are sourced from several countries across the globe, with Columbian producing some of the finest and most precious emerald on the market today. Zambia, Brazil, Russia, Afghanistan, Zimbabwe all have gem-quality emeralds used in fine jewellery.
Emerald is the most famous gem from the Beryl family amongst Aquamarine, Golden Beryl and Morganite. Emeralds with a lighter green tone are less expensive than the highly saturated deep green colour.
Emeralds come in various shapes and cuts, such as the traditional octagonal, heart and oval shapes.
Below are a few facts about Natural Emeralds
• Mineral: Beryl
• Colour : Bluish Green to Deep Green
• Refractive Index: 1.577 to 1.583
• Specific gravity: 2.72
• Moh hardness: 7.5 to 8
BIRTHSTONE & ANNIVERSARIES:
Emerald is the gem of spring and has always been the perfect choice as the birthstone for any May born.
This May birthstone is also associated with the twentieth and thirty-fifth wedding anniversary.
• Kindly note that you must select your gemstone/diamond by millimetre dimension rather than carat weight. This is because a gem may vary in size and weight; hence, purchasing based only on carat weight might not be very accurate if you set this stone on your own. If the dimensions of a gem aren't stated in the product specification, please don't hesitate to reach an expert by hitting the chat button or contacting us via mail.
• Modern Gem Jewelry® specializes in made to order fine and high jewellery. If you want to design a piece with this gemstone, kindly reach our experts through chat or email (email@example.com).
• Most gemstones on our site do come with a Modern Gem Jewelry® certificate of authenticity. If you need a third-party lab report, please don't hesitate to reach our experts for an additional fee.
• Our website only has about 40% of our loose gemstones inventory. If you do have a specific request about a stone type, colour and shape. Please don't hesitate to consult our online experts for assistance.